This project is read-only.

When I Installed this module , nothing happened.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:56 AM

My Orchard version is 1.6. I downloaded the latest code and Installed it on my local machine, when I enabled this module ,nothing happened, no admin menu item, no part, no type, nothing changed. Did I miss something? how to installed this?

I find the example site with this module is really cool, and the avatar feature is what I've always wanted, because I wanted a comments module with avatar feature long before.  

so I wonder how to design a general avatar feature and How to make this module work around?

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I found the reason myself. the module directory name must be the same with the module name of .csproj. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Hey Twomeetings,

Good job on finding that. It seems quite a few people have that problem. I'm not really sure how to rectify it... from a mercurial stand point... I guess better documentation?

The Avatar stuff is done with a custom module I built and have not yet pushed. The forum module is quite bare bones, it leaves the styling up to the themer - though I will publish my theme in due course.

Nick

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I'm also running Orchard 1.6 and I've downloaded the source and unzipped into the Modules folder. I've tried renaming the folder to "NGM.Forum" but I still don't see any admin menu items. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mar 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2013 at 1:24 AM
jay1_z wrote:
I'm also running Orchard 1.6 and I've downloaded the source and unzipped into the Modules folder. I've tried renaming the folder to "NGM.Forum" but I still don't see any admin menu items. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help!
<<< Same boat.....

Also to note when i go to the admin paths (/Admin/Forums) directly, orchard states path not found.

there is nothing in the logs as well.
Mar 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Did you download from the Gallery or from the Source Repository?
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I installed from the source repository. I don't see any menu options in admin either! Is this project still supported? Is it compatible with 1.6?

Thanks,
Shaun
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I installed from Gallery and enabled this module, in the same boat, I didn't find it in the Deshboard menu. Is this an active project?
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Okay the problem is because the Version on the Gallery is like a Year out of date. You need to take the tip on codeplex.

I wlil publish the latest to the gallery as this seems to crop up alot.

N
Apr 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Jetski5822 wrote:
Okay the problem is because the Version on the Gallery is like a Year out of date. You need to take the tip on codeplex.

N
I honestly can't wait. I've been looking forward to a fully functional forum for Orchard for some time now. I hope pushing the latest repository to the gallery fixes all of the 1.6 installation issues people have had. Great work, Nick.
Apr 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM
mhdsrcg wrote:
Jetski5822 wrote:

N
I honestly can't wait. I've been looking forward to a fully functional forum for Orchard for some time now. I hope pushing the latest repository to the gallery fixes all of the 1.6 installation issues people have had. Great work, Nick.
I Agree, Nick did a great work, and we hope this project to go far.
May 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Edited May 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Just adding my name to the list of people who have downloaded the latest source code, renamed the folder, installed and nothing has appeared on the admin menu. Running Orchard 1.6

Looks like a very good module; it would be great to get it working.
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I have the same issue. Can anyone help me? I am running 1.6. I got the source code from codeplex. I enabled the forum from the admin. I found there is no forum tables in my database. When I rebuild the whole orchard project, there is no issues.
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM
At the moment the code works on the Tip of Orchard which will be 1.7. in the next couple of days. Once 1.7. is released I will push this up to the gallery.