Text field in the Post content part

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Hi!

I would like to ask if there is particular reason to have a Text field in the Post content part? Seems like the standard Body part would also can be uses to store a post html text. I have a old forum, created with version 0.9, where the Body part was used in posts. Shall I move all texts from the Body part to the Text parts in the new forum module and remove the Body parts from the Post content type?

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hi Corvex,

Good question - So the answer to that is that the BodyPart is currently very much an Admin Concern from an Editor standpoint. This meant that stuff like the media picker and a few other things were exposed when we really didn't want them to be.

I attempted to clean the BodyPart up from an user editor perspective, but it never really sat right and all work a rounds felt wrong.

Apologies for not providing a migration path. I have rebuilt the system from the ground up and looking forward a migration path will be available.

Nick

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hi Nick,

Anyway, having a extra text field looks really redundant in my opinion. Beside of functional duplication there are a number of other reasons:

1) The body part is handled by the Orchard core and hopefully will be compatible with further developments and data migration 

2) The body part can share the same standard site style. For example, I use CKEditor for all text areas and forum posts.

3)  Unnecessary parts and field, like the media picker can be hidden in placement.info and overriding views. Anyway, if I am not mistaken, the Orchard body part contains only a single text record.

and, I have another question- is it possible to turn off post pre-moderation for all authorized users in the new version? I found only how to do it per each user.

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Hi Corvex,

I have actually removed the moderation pipeline due to it replicating functionality that will come with the workflow module that the core team are developing.

Latest changesets summarized:

- Removed moderation pipeline. (Will be reintroduced with workflow)
- Add tags and categories to the Forum.
- Close a thread, with a message.
- A few bug fixes.

If you have a suggestion for functionality... People have some ideas here too http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/403795

Nick