This project is read-only.

How to help ?

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I'm planning to use NGM.Forum as a small question/anwser in my extranet website.

I have setup .po for french language, and changed cshtml views to replace all english terms.

I can also help at least for html layout and other stuffs.

Where do you need some help ? Should I fork the projet to submit changes ? Do you plan to accept contributors ? Share architecture plans ?

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Hey Styx31,

Best thing to do I think would be to fork the project, mecurial allows you to do this really easily and submitting changes will make this easy.

Yes I do accept contributors and would love contributors.

I need help mostly with styling, I know my styling skills are terrible!.. -0
Also I am dumping ideas out to here http://orchardforums.codeplex.com/discussions/265792 so if you want to pick up something from there or something else and run with it go for it :) - I havent started anything new so just let me know so we arent duplicating functionality.

The architecture of what is currently there is based directly on how the orchard team have done their stuff thus allowing the code to be picked up easily.

Sound Cool? Look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Cheers, Nick

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Sounds great, I'll start by forking & creating some features branches to allow pull by feature (localization will certainly be the first).

I'll read the ideas discussion after that.

Thanks!

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Awesome stuff! :) Let me know how you get on.

Nick

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I've commited the first changeset with localization changes.

It's visible here : http://orchardforums.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/Forks/styx31/OrchardForumsStyx31/changeset/changes/f580d798974d

I'm planning to suggest a new way to display thread type, by using a background picture instead of an image and rely on styles (which allow url relatives to stylesheet) instead of img src (which depend on the view currently displayed).

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM

How shall we play this? I can just pull directly from your fork in to the trunk... so you can carry on? rather than using pull requests. Sound good?

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Jetski5822 wrote:

How shall we play this? I can just pull directly from your fork in to the trunk... so you can carry on? rather than using pull requests. Sound good?

Use the simpliest for you. I suppose I will have to merge with your commit, but that will be easy.

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Cool ive pulled from you and pushed up. take a look - your branch is now visible.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Ok, I've now merged default with localization (changeset 646b6654ce07), then applied localization to your changes (changeset 2de2c9b3d5f1)

I do this to discover which workflow fits best. I'm not sure localization will stay up to date for now, as the codebase is changing too quickly.

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Just pulled your changes in so default branch is upto date.  I have implemented a 'Mark as answer' against a question. Can you check it out if you get a change. There will be one or two added string to go in to the localization file.

Let me know how you get on.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Do you want me to merge you stuff down in to trunk? Im looking at doing an alpha release tomorrow to guage community feedback.

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:59 AM
Do as you prefer, as I'm not able to push code anymore until end of the month.

I'll check translations as soon as I'll be back.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Jetski5822 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Do you want me to merge you stuff down in to trunk? Im looking at doing an alpha release tomorrow to guage community feedback.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchardforums@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchardforums@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com