This project is read-only.

Invalid object name 'NGM_Forum_ForumPartRecord'

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:13 PM


First of all, I would like to really compliment the project.  Great work from what I've seen in the previous releases! Unfortunately, I've got a problem with the alpha release on 17 Aug. After I installed the forum module from the Orchard gallery (on the existing web site) and selected pick up feature, I've got a critical error:

Invalid object name 'NGM_Forum_ForumPartRecord'. (Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'NGM_Forum_ForumPartRecord')

Then the error appears on every request to the website itself. I can rid off error removing the NGM.Forum subfolder in \Modules but have no clue on its cause.

I would really really appreciate if you can direct me on how to fix it. Perhaps the error occurs due to my attempt to compile and deploy the previous release of the forum module. I managed it but removed the NGM.Forum forum before a new installation.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Hmm that a wierd one!... The only time I have seen something along these line has been when I have messed around with Migrations.

Is there no way to delete the DB and start again?

If not... you 'could' (I take no responsibility) try to go in to the DB and delete the nessessry records inorder for orchard to reset this?

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:22 AM


Thanks for reply. I made some research on this error and found that it occurs because all three forum modules tables failed to be created during installation. I tried to install the module on the empty test website,  it works perfectly. So, probably, there are some problems with my main website. I was looking for a walk-around and created 3 database tables manually (with the same column structure, as original ones). It allowed to start the website and access the dashboard but the forum did not work, giving a warning that it need to be updated. Clicking Update in Feature tab produced another error. Lucky, I discover a trick: being in the dashboard I manually removed the forum tables in the site database using a WebMatrix. Then, I clicked Update again and it worked this time. Now the forum seems working. Hope, this information will be useful for someone.